Bike trip Dubrovnik & Bosnia - Herzegovina
Road bike trip
Picking up guests at the hotel, transfer to the village of Brgat to avoid part of the main road above Dubrovnik, which is quite busy especially during summer season.
Cycling starts just few km before the border where we leave our car.
After entering the Bosnia & Herzegovina we continue cycling on the old rail road line built by the Austria - Hungarian Empire, which is now paved. It follows the edge of the valley Popovo Polje (this area was a war zone between Croatian and Serbian forces during the last war in the 1990s). Upon arrival in small village of Zavala (famous by biggest cave in this region Vjetrenica http://www.vjetrenica.ba/index.php/en and very old Orthodox monastery (from the 15st)) we have free time for the refreshment or lunch in the local restaurant.
After lunch we return the same way to Ivanica and Brgat to our vehicle and transfer you back to your hotel.
- Cycling 2 countries in one day
- Passport needed!
- Historical route (formal railroad track, through rural area affected by war in 90s)
- Rural area with just few cars
- Road bike trip (for experience riders)
- Cycling is mainly on the flat terrain, total distance 80 km. Full day trip (8 h)
- Pick up and drop off transfers
- Bike rental (with helmet and water bottle) and guide
1-2 pax EUR 250 total cost per trip
3 pax EUR 120,00 per person
4-8 pax EUR 100,00 per person
8+ pax EUR 95,00 per person
Optional extra cost: hire Trek Emonda, carbon fibre road bike, group set 105 Price: EUR 15.00 per bike