Mostar & Počitelj – where the west meets the Orient
a full-day trip
The historic town of Mostar is the most beautiful town in Bosnia and Herzegovina: the Old Bridge area and Mostar's Old Town are listed as UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites. Mostar is a bilingual town, a place where the east meets the west, divided by the Neretva River.
The historic town of Mostar, which spreads over the deep valley of the Neretva River, developed in the 15th and 16th century as an Ottoman frontier town and during the period of the Austro-Hungarian Empire in the 19th and 20th century.
Počitelj is an oriental-style village, located about a half-an-hour drive from Mostar. From Počitelj you can reach the Adriatic Sea in less than 30km, by taking the M-17 highway in the direction of the south.
This unique settlement, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, was recently reconstructed, which helped bring the village back to its original form. Besides its stunning oriental architecture and an Ottoman feel, Počitelj is the place with the longest-operating art colony in southeast Europe.
A trip will start with a scenic ride from Dubrovnik along the coast and all the way to Bosnia and Herzegovina. After enjoying the view of the picturesque Neretva valley, we will stop for a tour of the village of Počitelj, and then continue driving to Mostar. In Mostar you will visit the Old Town with the Old Bridge and the Old Bazar.
A full-day private tour of Mostar and Počitelj includes an English-speaking driver / guide and entrance fees to sights located inside the Old Town, as well as a local guide in Mostar. Lunch at a traditional restaurant is optional.
- Full day trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Visit to fortified town Pocitelj and town Mostar with old bridge and Turkish old center
- Scenic drive along the coast, valley of river Neretva and hilly landscapes
- From EUR 90 per person
- Area: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Pocitelj, Mostar
- Duration: 10 h (full day trip)
- Nearest city: Mostar, Pocitelj
- Season: April – November
- Departures: on request
- Number of participants:
- Minimum age: not limited
- Fully guided: yes
- Transportation to start site: yes
- Trip include: our English-speaking driver/guide but also the entrance fees inside the Old Town, as well as a local, specialized Mostar guide. Lunch at the typical restaurant is optional.
Passport is required!
Prices per person:
1-2 pax EUR 230.00 per trip
3 pax EUR 115.00 per person
4 - 8 pax EUR 95.00 per person
9 + pax EUR 80.00 per person