Mostar & Počitelj – West meets Orient
full day trip
The historic town of Mostar is the most beautiful town in Bosnia and Herzegovina: the Old Bridge Area and Mostar's old town were proclaimed a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Mostar is a bilingual town, place where the east meets west, divided by the Neretva River.
The historic town of Mostar, spanning a deep valley of the Neretva River, developed in the 15th and 16th century as an Ottoman frontier town and during the Austro-Hungarian period in the 19th and 20th centuries.
Počitelj is the oriental-style town, Pocitelj is located about half an hour's drive from Mostar, less than 30km south on the M-17 road towards the Adriatic.
This unique settlement, listed as a UNESCO heritage site and recent reconstruction has returned the town to its original form. Besides its stunning oriental architecture and Ottoman feel, Pocitelj hosts the longest operating art colony in southeast Europe.
A trip starts with scenic drive from Dzbrovnik along the caost to Bosnia and Herzegovina, after picturesque Neretva valley we stop for a tour in town Pocitelj, afterwards we contine driving to Mostar. During your visit of Mostar you will see the old center with Old bridge and Turkish Bazar.
Full day private tour to Mostar and Pocitelj, include our English-speaking driver/guide but also the entrance fees inside the Old Town, as well as a local, specialized Mostar guide. Lunch at the typical restaurant is optinal.
- Full day trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Visit to fortified town Pocitelj and town Mostar with old bridge and Turkish old center
- Scenic drive along the coast, valley of river Neretva and hilly landscapes
- From EUR 90 per person
- Area: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Pocitelj, Mostar
- Duration: 10 h (full day trip)
- Nearest city: Mostar, Pocitelj
- Season: April – November
- Departures: on request
- Number of participants:
- Minimum age: not limited
- Fully guided: yes
- Transportation to start site: yes
- Trip include: our English-speaking driver/guide but also the entrance fees inside the Old Town, as well as a local, specialized Mostar guide. Lunch at the typical restaurant is optinal.
Passport is required!