The taste of the countryside
a half-day trip
Konavle is the southernmost region of Croatia which covers the area of 209 sqm, with a population of 9,500 inhabitants living in 33 smaller and larger settlements. This relatively small area consists of three completely different parts: the rocky coast, the central part with fertile fields and the northern mountain region.
During this trip you will visit the village of Radovčići where you will get an opportunity to see the traditional way of wine production and taste homemade liqueurs and food provided by a local family.
The wine and liquor tasting will take place in a traditional wine cellar and their interesting story will later be completed with a traditional lunch. The introduction will start with the presentation of homemade cheese, ham and bread, followed by a main dish called “peka”, which includes lamb, veal and other ingredients that are put “under the bell”, which is then covered with coals and cooked on an open fire. This meal, full of delightful tastes and spices, will be perfectly rounded out with a dessert.
- scenic ride through countryside
- wines and home made products, traditional lunch
- see how locals live
- From EUR 80 per person
- Location: Konavle countryside, village of Radovčići
- Duration: 5 hours
- Include: mini bus/ van transfers, expert guide assistance, wine & liquor tasting, traditional lunch
- Recommended groups: 2 – 12 persons.
- Area: Konavle countryside and village of Radovčići
- Duration: 5 hours with transfers
- Nearest city: Cavtat & Dubrovnik
- Season: April – November
- Departures: on request
- Number of participants:
- Minimum age: not limited
- Fully guided: yes
- Transportation to start site: yes
- Trip include: round transfers, guided tour, wine tasting & traditional lunch at local family