Dubrovnik & Peljesac peninsula biking tour
self guided biking tour
The biking tour in Dubrovnik with region of Peljeasc peninsula (towns Ston, Orebic and optional Korcula island) is a great bike escape. There are many reasons to visit Croatia but here in Peljesac peninsula and Dubrovnik with countryside you will find beautiful walled towns, mix of ancient history, unspoiled nature and landscapes and beautiful bike rides along the coast.
This carefully selected route takes you through a charming Dalmatian landscape of rounded hilltops silhouetted by stately cypress and pine trees, hidden bays and beaches. Trails through vineyards and olive groves lead to magnificent walled cities filled with narrow winding streets, great food and world famous wines.
1st Day: Arrival, Dubrovnik airport
Meeting at Dubrovnik airport with our guide/driver. Transfer from the airport along the coastline to Peljesac peninsula to town of Orebić- Rest of the day, depends of the arrival time, cycling around, exploring, sightseeing of the area.
We suggest coastal route to Viganj and back
Night stop: Orebić.
Day 2nd : bike ride Orebic – Korcula – Orebic, cycling distance 45 km
- cycling to Orebic town port where you catch the ferry to Korcula ferry port (Domince) approx. ferry runs almost every hour. From ferry port cycle in direction Korcula town, then along the coast to picturesque town Racisce (you pass by many hidden bays and beaches). For the return take the same road back to the ferry port then ride to hotel.
Korcula island, is not just famous by Marco Polo who was born in Korcula town in 15ct, it is famous by walled town of Korcula, narrow streets, Venetian architecture and Mediterranean life style. This green island with many hidden bays and beaches, old villages, clear blue sea is ideal place for cycling or spending a day in relax and peace.
Places to see and restaurants:
Marco Polo museum, Moreska sword dance, town museum.
Reasturants: Konoba Mareta, restaurant Aterina
Meal plan: Breakfast
3rd Day: Cycling on Peljesac peninsula , town Potomje – Ston, distance 50 km
- check out from hotel, transfer with our driver (you, your bags and bikes) to town Potomje (to avoid narrow and steep part of the road in distance of 5 km). You start with your cycling in town Potomje, through tunnel that connects valley with terraces coast where the famous vineyards of Peljesac are. The road follows small coastal towns: Trstenik, Zuljana, Putnikovici, … to town Ston. This scenic road has many places where you can stop, enjoy in sightseeing, wine tasting, swimming or heaving the lunch in local konoba ( a restaurant where they serve local food). Upon arrival to Ston, check in your hotel and free time for sightseeing.
Ston was a major fort of the Dubrovnik Republic whose defensive walls were regarded as a notable feat of medieval architecture. The town's inner wall measures 890 meters in length, while the Great Wall outside the town has a circumference of 5 km. The walls extend to Mali Ston ("Little Ston"), a smaller town on the northern side of the Pelješac isthmus and the end of the Bay of Mali Ston, notable for its mariculture.
Things to do in Ston: city walls and sightseeing,
Restaurants: Bacus, Captain house.
Night stop: Ston.
Meal plan: Breakfas
Day 4th ; cycling in valley of Konavle countrysideDay
Route: Gruda – Zvekovica – Ljuta - Gruda (circular route, 40 – 55 km) Total distance approx. Up to 55 km, type of ground: asphalt
- This day you will spend cycling in farming area of Dubrovnik, cycling route follows the valley and river Ljuta, villages of Zvekovica (with eventually visit town Cavtat) and group of the villages in Gornja Banda.
Night Stop: Konavle countryside or Cavtat
5th Day: Departure day
After breakfast (according your flight time) transfer to Dubrovnik airportport or another address in Dubrovnik area.
Meal plan: Breakfast
|Duration||5 days / 4 nights|
|Dates||Start daily, any date between April 1 and October 31|
|Level||Moderate (20 – 50 km cycling per day)|
|Terrain||Moderate with some hills|
|Activities||biking, walking, sightseeing|
|March,April and October||460 € per person|
|May, June, September||505 € per person|
|July and August||535 € per person|
Single supplement (when travel with two or more travellers) EUR 80.
Extra nights in Dubrovnik: off season EUR 40 per person (BB) in high season (July & August) EUR 45.00 per person (BB).
Type of the accommodation: B&B (family hotels), all accommodations include private bathroom, bedroom.
Meals: 4 x breakfast.
all lodging, breakfast daily, luggage transfers, local emergency support, transportation as in program, orientation, riding routes with maps, suggestions for visitation and dining, our assistance when its needed. Trip includes services for the orientation by our local agent for each destination and service of meeting and support during traveling between tour destinations.
Cube SL road (hybrid) or Cannondale (road bikes) or E-bikes, come equipped with bag, lock, tire repair kit, pump, rack for the panniers. Helmet included, but we recommend that you bring your own helmet for safety and hygiene reasons.
Getting there and other
- The tour starts and finishes in Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik has international airport with easy connections with other European cities and Croatian capital Zagreb.
- This tour could last more than 5 days and we also can provide our services in other parts of Dalmatia (Island Hvar, Split etc.).
- In addition other activities can include: sea kayaking, hiking-trekking, multisport itineraries, cultural sightseeing...