Biking Croatia coast
self guided biking tour (8 days / 7 nights)
This tour starts in Dubrovnik countryside Konavle, after 2 days biking in picturesque Konavle we continue with Peljesac peninsula and Korcula island. Tour continues with Mljet island, Dubrovnik and Elaphite island Sipan. Tour duration is 7 days (7 nights/8days) and it is 4 destination based tour (2 days Konavle, 2 days Korcula island with Peljesac peninsula, 1 day Mljet island and 2 days Dubrovnik with Sipan island). During 7 days you will explore the amazing islands, medieval towns, old villages and lovely bays. Croatia is country of 1000 islands, rich history, Mediterranean vegetation and mild climate, one of the best way to explore it is without any doubt on a bike
1st day: Arrival to Dubrovnik airport.
- Meet at Dubrovnik airport and short shuttle to Konavle, fitting the bikes, brief with our representative and depends of the time warm up ride in Konavle valley.
- Overnight in Konavle
2nd day: cycling in valley of Konavle countryside
Route: Gruda – Zvekovica – Ljuta - Gruda (circular route, 40 – 55 km)
Total distance approx. Up to 40 km, type of ground: asphalt
Or longer route: Gruda – Cilipi – Prevlaka –Gruda (circular route up to 65 km)
- This day you will spend cycling in farming area of Dubrovnik, cycling route follows the valley and river Ljuta, villages of Zvekovica (with eventually visit town Cavtat) and group of the villages in Gornja Banda.
Night Stop: Konavle countryside
3rd day: Konavle – Peljesac peninsula – Korcula island.
Total bike distance 48 km (climb, total gain 740 m)
- On day 3rd we do ca shuttle from Konavle to Peljesac peninsula and Korcula island. All those who like longer bike rides can cycle Peljesac peninsula bike route (up to 50 km), this route is very scenic but with some demanding parts. If not cycling along peninsula then it is possible shuttle to Korcula and shorter bike ride on the island.
- Overnight Lumbarda, Korcula island
4th day: Korcula cycling
Route: From Lumbarda To Korcula town – from Korcula town to bay of Racisce
The total route length is approximately 40 km, maximum elevation 80 m, type of the ground: asphalt.
- Second day on Korcula we suggest a circular ride from the village Lumbarda to Korcula town where in the old town you can visit Cathedral, house of Marco Polo,...after town sightseeing you will bike along coastal road to picturesque bay of Racisce, after eventually lunch there, you return same road back to Lumbarda.
5th day: Travel to island Mljet, biking in national park area.
Mljet biking route 1. (Village Polace - Salt lakes - Vrataosolina - Polace) Total distance approx. 30 km, max. elevation 90 m , type of ground: asphalt, (paved roads)
Today you visit delightful island of Mljet, famous by its natural protected area where are two salt lakes and many historical monuments that date from ancient times.
- After breakfast head to port Korcula where you take ferry to Mljet, journey time about 30 min. Your cycle ride starts in village Pomena or Polace ( a two small towns just outside national park territory) and your route will take you around the salt lakes, through villages Babine Kuće and Soline, around lakes back to town Polace or Pomena.
Night Stop: Mljet, Polace/Pomena
6th day: Travel to Dubrovnik, old town sightseeing walking tour.
- Today we depart from Mljet to Dubrovnik, taking a ferry (or combine with car shuttle, transfer from the island depends of the available ferries and season)
Upon arrival in Dubrovnik you will be taken to your accommodation, afternoon is free or possible sightseeing walking tour in the historical centre with local guide.
Night stop: Dubrovnik
7th Day: Island Sipan Cycling 7
Route: from port Sudjuradj Pakljena to port Luka and back to Sudjuradj
Total distance approx. 20 km, max. elevation 230 m, type of ground: paved roads.
- After the breakfast you leave a Dubrovnik for a day trip to Elafite island Sipan. From your Dubrovnik accommodation you will cycle to port Gruz where bikes are put on board for the crossing to island Sipan. Todays ride on the island is very easy, relax, a short biking distance can combine with sightseeing, swimming and relax on this quite island.
Island Sipan was the residential place of Dubrovnik's patricians but today is calm and well-preserved typical Dalmatian island. Following the road from Sudjuradj past vineyards and olive groves to Luka, a small harbour on the west of the island. Here you will find many interesting sights to explore: including old churches, summer residential palaces, beautiful pine forests and hidden bays. This is ideal day for easy cycling, swimming and relax from the city crowds.
During afternoon you take a ferry back to Dubrovnik (there are several times that you can choose for return to Dubrovnik)
Night stop: Dubrovnik
8th Day: Tour end8th Day: Tour end
-After the breakfast your cycling tour ends in Dubrovnik and we take you back to Dubrovnik airport according to your flight times, or transfer to some other address in Dubrovnik town if you extend your holidays for a few more days there. After the breakfast your cycling tour ends in Dubrovnik and we take you back to Dubrovnik airport according to your flight times, or transfer to some other address in Dubrovnik town if you extend your holidays for a few more days there.
|Duration||8 days (7 nights)|
|Dates||start any date between April 1 and October 31|
|Level||Easy and Moderate (25 – 55 km cycling per day)|
|Terrain||Moderate with some hills|
|In off seasons (departures in March-April, October-November)||735 € per person|
|In off seasons II (departures in May, June, September)||810 € per person|
|July, August||885 € per person|
Bike rental: trekking EUR 15 per day,
E-bike EUR 25.00 per day
Single supplement (when travel with two or more travellers) EUR 180
- Dubrovnik city tour (price per group, not per person)
1-4 pax EUR 80,00
5-8 pax EUR 100,00
Reduction for own bike EUR 105
Type of the accommodation: B&Bs (family hotels, pensions), all accommodations include private bathroom.
Meals: 7 x breakfast.
- This tour could last more than 1 week and we can provide our services in other parts of Dalmatia (Island Hvar, Split etc), Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- In addition other activities can be included: sea kayaking, hiking, wine tasting, cultural sightseeing (Bosnia or Montenegro day trip)...
all lodging, breakfast daily, luggage transfers, local emergency support, transportation as in program, orientation, riding routes with maps, suggestions for visitation and dining, fully equipped rental bike for the duration of the tour, helmets, our assistance when its needed. Trip includes services for the orientation by our local agent for each destination and service of meeting and support during traveling between tour destinations.
Cube and Trek hybrid and MTB bikes, or Cannondale (road bikes) come equipped with bag, lock, tire repair kit, pump, rack for the panniers. Helmet included, but we recommend that you bring your own helmet for safety and hygiene reasons.
Getting there and other
- The tour starts and finishes in Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik has international airport with easy connections with other European cities and Croatian capital Zagreb.
- There is also option that tour start and finish in Split.
- This tour could last more than 1 week and we also can provide our services in other parts of Dalmatia (Island Hvar, Split etc).
- In addition other activities can include: sea kayaking, hiking trips, multisport itineraries, cultural sightseeing...